Company Reg Number – 08287831
Every competitor must sign to agree these Terms and Conditions prior to being allowed to start any of the Beyond The Ultimate races. In addition, every competitor must complete and return the mandatory forms, as specified by Beyond the Ultimate, including emergency contact information, insurance details, medical information and a the medical from signed by a doctor.
- I have familiarised myself with the race rules and regulations of the Beyond the Ultimate race that I have chosen to compete in.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to be aware of the potentially new surrounding in which I am running/walking in.
- I am fully aware that by participating in a Beyond The Ultimate race there is potential risk of injury.
- I fully accept that by participating in my chosen race that it may involve potential risks including but not limited to: Dehydration, Hyponatremia, Altitude Sickness (AMS), Sun/Heat Stroke, Exhaustion, Frostbite, Frozen Limbs, Hyperthermia, Wild & Dangerous Animals, Objects/Obstructions, Vehicles, Inclines & Declines, Lack of Communication Methods, Failure of Personal Equipment, Risk of Getting Lost, and the Possibility of Personal Injury, Mental Trauma and Death.
- I am aware that although the race organisers have carried out a full risk assessment of the race and its route that there may be additional / unforeseeable hazards not listed above.
- I acknowledge and agree that the Races take part in remote parts of the world, where everyday facilities and comforts to which I may be accustomed are unlikely to be available. I acknowledge that I am expected to possess outdoor survival skills such as familiarity with outdoor gear, backpacking, basic navigation knowledge including map and compass reading and common sense.
- I hereby waive, release and discharge myself and my successors (heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, etc) any and all rights and claims which the race organiser(s), the promoter and any promoting organisation(s) and their board of directors, property owners, law enforcement agencies, all public entities, special districts, and properties (and their respective agents, officials, and employees) through or by which the event will be held for any and all damages which may be sustained by my participation in and of association with the event, or travel to or return from the event.
- I understand that during the course of this extreme race, situations and events can arise which may be beyond the control of the race organisers, officials, medical volunteers and volunteers and that if such a situation should arise I must not continue so as not to endanger myself or others.
- I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of my equipment.
- I acknowledge and agree that competing in the Races will be physically demanding, and I am aware of the nature of the Races and that there are medical and physical risks associated with the Races. I agree that I am solely responsible for my own training and preparation for the Races. By applying to compete in a Race, I am confirming that I am physically capable of competing in the Race.
- I have no physical or mental condition which, to my knowledge, would endanger myself or others if I participate in this event, or would interfere with my ability to participate in this event.
- I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for obtaining and taking all necessary inoculations and medications (and have taken them in accordance with my doctor’s instructions) relevant to the country in which the Race is held (the “Host Country”). I also acknowledge that it is my sole responsibility to carry any personal medications required with me throughout the Race. Beyond the Ultimate medical staff will not be able to, nor will they be liable for failing to, supply personal medication during a Race should any competitor fail to carry his or her own.
- Beyond the Ultimate employ a professional medical organisation (Exile Medics) to support competitors throughout the duration of the Races. I agree to give permission to medical staff to make decisions concerning my medical care and treatment, and where necessary to authorise such care and treatment in emergency situations. I understand that Race staff will make every reasonable effort, in the circumstances, to reach my emergency contact regarding my medical status in the event an emergency arises. I accept that in the event that I were to get lost on the race Beyond the Ultimate reserve the right to wait 24 hours before making contact with my emergency contact to enable time to obtain detailed information. After 24hours I accept that my emergency contact will be contacted regardless of information available.
- I acknowledge that the Race operates in very remote areas of the Host Country which may not be supported by local hospitals, and that transportation to the nearest hospital may take several hours or longer. I further acknowledge that the course may pass through terrain where emergency evacuation may be seriously delayed or in some cases not available.
- I agree, on behalf of myself and my successors, that the above terms are contractually binding, and are not mere recitals, and that should I or any of my successors assert any claim in contravention of this agreement, I or my successors shall be liable for the expenses (including legal fees) incurred by the other party or parties in defending, unless the other party or parties are finally adjusted liable on such claims for wilful or wanton negligence. This agreement may not be modified orally by either party, and a waiver of any provision shall not be construed as a modification of or as consent to any other provision herein or as consent to any subsequent waiver of modification.
- I agree to provide my own insurance cover which includes but is not limited to evacuation, medical and travel cover. I agree that my insurance will be applicable for the Country and race I am taking part in.
Payment Terms, Race Fees, Additional Costs
- A non-refundable £600 deposit is payable on registration for each race. The remaining balance is due in full 90 days prior to the race start date. If this payment is not received before the race start date Beyond the Ultimate have the right to withdraw you from the race and are not liable for any costs that result from this.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Payment Flow: As soon as Beyond The Ultimate receive your race deposit you have a guaranteed place on your chosen event. The remaining balance for the event is due 90 days prior to departure. Once full payment is received there are no refunds for any element of the event.
- Race Place Transfer: In extraordinary circumstances you may not be able to fulfil your place on the event. Before we pass the “90 day to race date” we will allow a one time only transfer to another race in the series with an admin fee of £350. After we pass the “90 day to race date” we will allow a one time only transfer to another race in the series for a race rebooking fee of £650. Any admin or rebooking fees must be paid when making the adjustment to your race date.
- If you would like to transfer your entry to another runner, we will require written confirmation from both you and the transferee. The transferee must pay a £100 administration fee at the time of transfer and will be liable for any outstanding or additional payments.
- Beyond the Ultimate Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place in the Race to you for any reason and at any time. In such circumstances, we will provide you with a full refund of the entry fee for the relevant Race.
- Beyond the Ultimate is not responsible for any other costs relating to section 6 above. This includes, but is not limited to flights, hotels, insurance, visa etc.
- Beyond the Ultimate is not responsible for any extra costs incurred by a runner. This includes, but is not limited to cancelled or delayed flights, transfers outside of those within the set schedule etc.
- Beyond the Ultimate reserves the right to:
- modify the Race format; or
- change the dates of the Race; or
- change the location (within the planned country or to a new country) of the Race; or
- cancel the Race any time before the official start date/time; or
- cancel the Race after it has started.
- If we modify the Race in accordance with section 8 above we will have no obligation to reimburse you the entry fee for the Race.
I fully understand and accept the potential risks involved in the race and I have carefully read, understand and voluntarily accept the terms of this waiver and release agreement. In addition, I agree to pay for damage caused by me to Race Organiser’s equipment used in the event. I agree to abide by the rules and conditions laid down for the event and to follow instructions issued by the Race organiser(s). I understand that circumstances beyond the control of the race organiser(s) may cause the event to be modified, postponed or relocated. I accept that the organisers reserve the right to refuse entry from persons considered to have insufficient experience or disqualify those who fail to follow the rules and conditions: ignorance is no excuse. I agree that my name, voice or picture may be used by the race organisers, Beyond The Ultimate Ltd for future promotional purposes.
Company Reg Number – 08287831
Registered Address: Beyond the Ultimate Limited
13 Huddersfield Road
Example Payment Terms
Ice Ultra Example:
Race Cost = £2000, less deposit of £600 leaves £1400.
If you select monthly payments and sign up 12 months in advance your monthly payments would be approximately = £117
Jungle/Desert/Mountain Ultra Examples:
Race Fee = £2000, less deposit of £600 leaves £1400.
If you select monthly payments and sign-up 15 months in advance your payments would be approximately = £107
The monthly fee would alter depending on the proximity of the race to your sign-up date.
Alternatively you may elect to pay via stages, an example of which would be:
Ice Ultra Example:
Race Cost = £2000, less deposit £600 leaves £1400 to be paid not later than 90 days prior to your race.